Boothmans was established in 1975 as Francis & Boothman (Dalmark) Ltd and was based at Daltons Yard, Eye, near Peterborough.
The company was created with the backing of local seed and grain business, Dalmark and set up in order to add Agricultural Chemicals service to the successful seed and grain business.
In 1996 Boothmans became an independent company, with David and Robert joining their father Paul as Directors. This also brought about the move to Bourne, central to their operating area.
In 2009, Boothmans reached the next stage of their business growth, when they relocated to new purpose built premises in Bourne (please see picture to the right). The new site provides greater warehouse space for more efficient handling of products. Training facilities were also built, providing an improved service for Boothmans clients.
In March 2015, Boothmans accepted an offer to become part of Frontier Agriculture Ltd, the UK’s largest crop inputs and grain marketing business, jointly owned by Associated British Foods and Cargill plc. Boothmans continues to be managed as a separate trading division within the Frontier group.
A History of Expertise
Boothmans Agriculture Company Values
- To provide cost-effective solutions to farmers
- To provide the best agronomic advice to farmers
- To be able to react to farmer needs to ensure effective crop production
- To integrate both cultural and chemical control to minimise the environmental effects, using their BETA training to it's full extent
- To retain the feel of a family company, whilst delivering the buying power of a corporate company
- To be proactive on behalf of client farmers, to ensure effective crop production
- To build on the recognition that Boothmans are trusted experts
Why Trusted Expertise?
Boothmans have been operating since 1975, often in the same fields, retained by their farmer clients, because of their trusted expertise. This expertise has been built upon, and enhanced, by the work that Boothmans have carried out in specific areas such as potato quality.
Boothmans operate in an area renowned for the quality of farmland which drives the expectations for perfect quality of produce, which in turn demands more effective agronomy services. Boothmans are trusted to assist farmers with producing the best of British produce.
In the summer of 2009, Boothmans re-located to a new site in Bourne, where they have continued to improve upon the service that they provide.
Boothmans outgrew the old site on Cherryholt Road and the new site has enabled them to continue to expand.
The new Boothmans site provides:
- Racking for over 350 pallets, allowing greater volume of Agricultural Chemicals to be stored (up to nearly 300,000 ltrs of products over 500 product lines)
- A greater stock holding which will ensure security of supply of chemicals for farmers
- Improved logistics for more efficient delivery to farmers
- Training facilities for continual professional development for both Boothmans clients and agronomists
Boothmans Agriculture is a division of Frontier Agriculture Ltd.
Frontier Agriculture Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 05288567.
10 Grosvenor Street,
Witham St. Hughs
VAT Registration Number: GB 853 1477 21