Boothmans Agriculture offer a range of training from their purpose built training facility in Bourne, Lincolnshire.
On this page you will find more information about the training offered and dates available.
Level 2 Award in The Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control
After 26th November 2015 you will no longer be able to use Phostoxin and Talunex legally without the new accredited level 2 certificate of competence. Aluminium Phosphide is a dangerous compound which used incorrectly can be hazardous to the health and safety of users, the general public and non-target animals, therefore it is essential that people are trained properly in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide.
This RAMPS course will allow candidates to:
- Understand what Aluminium Phosphide is and how to use it within the current legislative framework
- Understand when, where & against which target pests these products are used without harming the environment & / or non target species
- Understand the significance of the product container
- Safe storage & transportation
- Know how to avoid exposure to themselves, others & the environment
- Be aware of First Aid measures in the event of exposure
- Know how to use both types of application equipment
- Know how to clean the application equipment & dispose of excess product & empty containers
- Deal with spillages or other incidents where exposure to gas could occur
- Keep correct records of use
Assessments are held and invoiced separately to the training
TBC - Call us for more information
The National Register of Spray Operators (NRoSO) allow farmer members to use ongoing professional development. NRoSO training enables UK sprayer operators and managers to undertake a yearly update to refresh and increase their awareness of best practice surrounding pesticide use and application.
If you have any queries please contact us or call us on 01778 394040
PA1 Foundation Module (Safe Use of Pesticides)
PA1 training covers:
Understanding what a pesticide is and how to use it, Acts and Regulations relevant to pesticides, LERAP with buffer zones, Use of protective clothing, Storage of pesticides, Transportation of pesticides, Disposal of pesticide containers, Keeping records, First aid, How to protect the environment and water quality.
Tues 10th October 2017
Tues 31st October 2017
Tues 21st November 2017
Tues 12th December 2017
PA2 Ground Crop / Tractor Sprayers
The PA2 course is designed to help operators to achieve a standard that will enable them to use a crop sprayer safely
TBC - Please call for more information
PA6 Hand Held Sprayers
The PA6 course is designed to help operators achieve a standard that will enable them to use a hand held sprayer, safely and efficiently.
Weds 11th October 2017
Weds 1st November 2017
Weds 22nd November 2017
Weds 13th December 2017
Richard Fenwick, independent variety consultant, will be presenting his opinions on new and current wheat, barley & OSR varieties from a farmer’s perspective.
PA4G & PA4S Granule & Slug Pellet Applicators
The PA4 course is designed to help operators achieve a standard that will enable them to use a granule applicator and/or slug pellet applicator.
Contact us for more information